Top 10 Car Dealer Scams
We've been reporting car buying scams since 1996. This is our list of the "Top 10 Car Dealer Scams" you'll likely encounter, based on our research. We receive complaints and compile this list based on currently running scams at some car dealers. These scams are real, they happen to people every day. Some salespeople flame us, claiming these scams are no longer used, If a scams is on our list, I can assure you they are still in use. People with bad credit are easy prey, likely to see most of these financing related scams. The most scams occur in the finance office, where the buyers let down their guard after the sale. Some scams haunt you weeks later, when you though you had a signed contract. Car buyers who see the fewest scams followed our advice, arriving with their own financing, no trade-in, and The Folder full of research.
Click a Scam Below to Get Started
- The Financing Fell Through Scam (Spot Delivery Scam)
- The "Lie To The Customer About Their Credit Score" Scam
- The "Forget To Pay Off Your Trade In" Scam
- The Straw Purchase Scam
- The "Your Online Lender Bounces Checks" Scam
- The "Forced Warranty" Scam
- The "Dealer Prep" Scam (Excessive Fee)
- "We'll Payoff Your Car No Matter How Much You Owe!"
- The Previously Wrecked Used Car, Sold "As Is" Scam
- The Fake Vehicle Escrow Service Scam